Please take care of yourself after birth. It is very important to take time to heal and regain your strength.
Post Birth Healing and Soothing
- Sitz baths will help soothe and heal your perineum and any hemorrhoids.
- Ice will relieve pain, bruising, and swelling. Use homemade padsicles, perineal cold packs, or reusable ones made specifically for postpartum.
- Do yourself a favor and buy yourself some adult diapers. They are a lifesaver, postpartum is messy.
- Once your bleeding lightens up you’ll likely want to switch to some heavy duty pads, then even lighter pads!
- If you are committed to using cloth pads, many love these reusable bamboo pads.
Hemorrhoids are Totally Normal
- Mama Bottom Balm will soothe and provide relief ‘down there’ before and after childbirth.
- Try Mama Bottom Spray if you want the convenience of a spray or if it is be too soon for balm!
- Some women swear by using Tucks for postpartum hemorrhoids and Dermoplast pain relieving spray. (As always please check with your healthcare team.)
- Use your breastfeeding pillow, or a donut pillow to make sitting more comfortable.
- Natural remedy for PP contractions. WishGarden Herbs are organic herbal supplements for soothing normal and temporary afterbirth contractions.
- Stay on top of whatever pain medications your health care team recommends.