- The Happiest Baby on the Block: Tips to calm crying and help your newborn sleep longer. This is also available as a DVD or online video.
- The Baby Whisperer—Beyond the Basics from Infancy Through Toddlerhood by Tracy Hogg and Melinda Blau
Basic Baby Essentials
- Pro Tip: Use an olive oil sprayer or coconut oil on baby’s bum to make the passing meconium easier to clean up. It will be black, thick, and sticky like tar (and it totally normal).
- Umbilical cord care powder (quickly dries and disinfects)
- Newborn AND Size 1 diapers
- Cloth diapers, although we recommend waiting a few weeks
- Velcro Swaddle
- Kimono Onesies are easier to get off and on the baby
- Unscented Wet Wipes (hospitals may only have dry ones)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Baby Hat
- 5-10 Receiving Blankets
- A coming-home or first photo outfit
- Infant car seat
- Warm blanket